About OSO Manufacturing - history
Here is information about our company and our history.
OSO Manufacturing offers a variety of services in machining, water and laser cutting, sheet metal processing and welding in addition to advanced tool production. We have extensive experience with all types of steel, including Duplex, for the offshore industry. Advanced equipment and high capacity means that we are equipped to handle all types of assignments with high precision and quality.
OSO Manufacturing has 25 employees with extensive experience in machining and shaping of both stainless and black steel. OSO Manufacturing is located in Åmål municipality in Sweden, and is part of the Norwegian industrial group OSO Hotwater Group
- 1966 – ÅVAB Åmåls Verktygsindustri Aktiebolag is founded with the object of manufacturing tools and the like for the local industry.
- 2005 – Robert Svanström takes over the operations of Åmåls Verktygsindustri AB. The new name will be Svanströms Verktyg AB.
- 2007 – Expansion of the business through the acquisition of Niclas Uhrbom Mekaniska AB (NIMEK)
- 2010 – The Norwegian industrial group Artech AS takes over all shares.
- 2012 – Merger between Svanströms Verktyg AB and Linders All svets och Montage AB. The new name will be Artech Manufacturing AB.
- 2014 – The Norwegian industrial group OSO Hotwater Group AS takes over all shares. The new name will be OSO Manufacturing AB.
- 2018 – The company begins to produce stainless steel water heaters from 600 – 15,000 liters on behalf of OSO Hotwater AS.
- 2020 – Production of marine and special tanks.